However, carrying shipments there is always a chance that a shipment could be damaged or even stolen due to various reasons. In general case the carrier is responsible for the shipment and in case of shipment damage or stealing, the owner of the shipment is entitled to make a claim to the carrier of the shipment. However, all international carriages are regulated by international conventions, which provide the limits of responsibility of the carrier.
Carriages by air transport are regulated by the Warsaw convention of 1929. The carrier’s responsibility in air transport is limited to 16,67 SDR1) for every gross kilogramme.
Carriages by land transport are regulated by “International shipments carriage by roads contract convention (CMR)“, signed in Geneva in 1956. The carrier’s responsibility is limited to 8,33 SDR1) for a gross kilogramme.
The responsibility of the sea shipment carrier is provided in Hague – Wisby regulations of 1968 and it is limited by 2 SDR1) for a gross kilogramme or 666,67 SDR1) for the container.
Please take into consideration that the carrier is responsible only for the loss, which occurred due to his fault. In such a way, the loss related to improper package, incorrect information presentation and etc. will not be indemnified.
If you want to be sure that all the loss, related to shipment damage or miscarriage, was indemnified to you, when the value of the shipment is higher than the limits of the responsibility of the carrier or loss did not occur due to the fault of the carrier, we recommend you to insure a shipment from all the risks. Simply mark it in the notes of the shipment order .
1) SDR is a conventional settlement unit. (Special Drawing Rights) (1 SDR – approximately 1,16EUR). SDR rate can be found at the internet website of Lithuanian Bank.
SC „Jumisa“ was established in 1996. The company started its activities, providing customs brokerage and shipments delivery services. After a year they offered a service of air freight carriage. Afterwards the number of services increased. Presently the following services are provided by „Jumisa“:
- Temperature shipments carriage by company trucks.
- Customs bonded warehouse.
- customs brokerage services.
- customs brokerage services.
- „Intrastat“reports preparation.
- air freight.
- ocean freight.
- land carriage.
- Integrated multimodal carriage services. In response to the customer requests and requirements, the carriages are performed within adjustment of air, land and sea transport. It enables to use resources optimally and carry various freights with expedition.
Permanently responding to the changing market, we seek not only to remain a professional and innovative logistics company, but to provide the customers with more universal, flexible and expeditious solutions for the attractive price.
To provide flexible, professional, mostly satisfying customer’s demands and aims corresponding solutions, to establish reliability atmosphere among employees, customers and business partners. To seek that a customer, who has charged a part of his business to the carriers, was able to completely trust them.
Vision and mission– a future direction. The basis of everyday steps to it – our values.
- Care. We appreciate every customer. We listen to him, try to go deeper and understand his demands and aims. It enables to offer optimal solutions, individually created for every company.
- Flexibility. The fact that we are a small company allows a flexible response to the demands of the customer and their changes. We stimulate our employees to work in a creative manner, to offer effective solutions, taking into consideration the demands of every shipment and customer. Additionally, we flexibly adjust land, air and sea carriage technologies.
- Responsibility. International conventions are the basis of our activities. We assume the responsibility for the shipments, charged to us–from storage to delivery to a necessary location.
- Honesty. Respecting our customers and employees and working in team, we try to establish effective cooperation relations with our colleagues, customers and partners. Only honest communication enables to satisfy the demands of the customers in the best manner, always make improvement and apply.
Mutual confidence, responsibility, ability to use possessed knowledge and establish innovations influences upon the ability of our team to overcome the most complicated challenges. We do not take up the works, which we will not be able to perform, however we always try to improve and solve complicated tasks and problems.
Our team consists of 12 professionals, speaking English, German, Russian and Polish. These are the employees having higher and high education of various fields and adjusting theoretical knowledge with practice. The average experience of the employees in logistics field is over 7years. Practical knowledge, skills, proved solutions and an objective to search for innovations enables to offer optimal solutions, establishing an additional value.